IRTRANSVIEW.DLL bug?

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

IRTRANSVIEW.DLL bug?

Postby eqcons » Mon 5. Jan 2009, 17:08

I can install and use the IRTRANS software, and everything works happily. However, if I use IRTRANSVIEW.DLL, and watch TV, it works for a variable period, then locks windows, requiring a manual reset. I've tried different versions of IRTRANSVIEW.DLL, and it's the same with them all, and 100% reproducible.

Zalman HD160 case
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit with TV-Pack 2008

Is this a known problem?

Thanks!

Jim
eqcons

Re: IRTRANSVIEW.DLL bug?

Postby IRTrans » Mon 5. Jan 2009, 20:34

Hi,
so far we do not know this problem. There are lots of people using the SW, therefore I do not think that is a general problem.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby eqcons » Mon 5. Jan 2009, 21:36

I wonder how many are using it with Vista MCE + the TV-pack 2008 though?

Jim
eqcons

Postby eqcons » Sat 10. Jan 2009, 15:51

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
so far we do not know this problem. There are lots of people using the SW, therefore I do not think that is a general problem.

IRTrans

I think you need to test using irtransview.dll with the TV pack added to Vista MCE, (and in the beta of Windows 7), as it's 100% reproducible. If I register the DLL, I have the problem, if I unregister it, the problem is gone.
eqcons

Postby eqcons » Mon 5. Oct 2009, 21:54

This problem also exists in a clean installation of the release version of Windows 7. Watch TV, and after a random period, the PC will completely lock up. Register the DLL and you have the problem, unreister it and the problem is gone. 100% reproducible.

Saying that you ahve not encountered it does not mean that the problem does not exist, and I can assure you, it DOES exist. I would be grateful if you would do some work on this please.

Jim
eqcons

Postby IRTrans » Mon 5. Oct 2009, 23:05

That is very easy to fix: Simple unregister the IRTRANSVIEW.DLL - it is not made for Windows 7.

We will not offer the display driver DLL for WIndows 7 as that is only needed for OEM devices. We will not publish Windows 7 software for OEM devices.
Please ask the manufacturer for the driver.

Please note that we neither manufacture nor sell these OEM devices, therefore it is not our responsibilty to make SW for these devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby eqcons » Tue 6. Oct 2009, 01:03

IRTrans wrote:That is very easy to fix: Simple unregister the IRTRANSVIEW.DLL - it is not made for Windows 7.

We will not offer the display driver DLL for WIndows 7 as that is only needed for OEM devices. We will not publish Windows 7 software for OEM devices.
Please ask the manufacturer for the driver.

Please note that we neither manufacture nor sell these OEM devices, therefore it is not our responsibilty to make SW for these devices.

IRTrans

But the problem is the same in Vista, and you publish the dll for that - it is included in your current setup program. And surely it's you who supplies the software to the OEMs? Not really the help I'm looking for.

Jim
eqcons

Postby IRTrans » Tue 6. Oct 2009, 10:48

OK, once again: We will not do any further development on this DLL. All the software we provide for download for OEM devices is by courtesy.
We do not manufacture or sell these devices - you will have to ask the OEM / vendor of the hardware for software updates.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby eqcons » Tue 6. Oct 2009, 11:03

IRTrans wrote:OK, once again: We will not do any further development on this DLL. All the software we provide for download for OEM devices is by courtesy.
We do not manufacture or sell these devices - you will have to ask the OEM / vendor of the hardware for software updates.

IRTrans

Thanks, I understood what you meant the first time - it's pointless you saying ask the "OEM/Vendor of the hardware" as you know full well that would be a waste of time, since they only supply the software you wrote and gave to them, and if you don't do it, it's not going to happen, is it? They don't manufacture the VFD either, of course.

Anyway, as you are the authors of the DLL in question, I was hoping for some assistance from you, as there must be many users with the problem in Vista, and more to come with Windows 7, but if you won't help, you won't help. Thanks for your replies anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Jim
eqcons

Postby eqcons » Mon 19. Oct 2009, 21:16

I've done some more work on this, Marcus. I found a newer firmware version (5.08.10) and that seems to solve the lockup problem :-)

However, it introduces a new problem - in Media Centre, the time that it takes to respond to any remote commands is 5+ seconds. (Again, if I unregister the DLL, the remote is back to normal). Having solved the lockup problem, I'd love to keep the dll registered, so that it works as intended. Can you suggest what the problem might be, or where in your software I can change settings to try to resolve it?

I appreciate that you don't make the hardware, just that this seems to be a software problem.....

Thanks,

Jim
eqcons

Next

Return to Drivers / Installation