USB Serial Port and skip button

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

USB Serial Port and skip button

Postby auger66 » Wed 25. Nov 2009, 06:03

I did a clean install of Win 7 64-bit after all the poking I did to it trying to fix the BSOD problem with the ftdi drivers.

After installing IRTrans and manually updating with the new ftdi driver, I'm left with no driver for USB Serial Port under "Other devices" in Device Manager. That item didn't appear until after manually updating the ftdi driver. That didn't happen the first time. Did you change something in the installer? However, my remote works and no BSODs so it's just an annoyance.

However, speaking of annoyance, when playing music in Media Center the replay and skip button skips two songs almost all the time. I was hoping that issue would resolve itself on the clean reinstall of Win 7, but it didn't. It only skips "too much" when playing songs in Media Center. It didn't do this with Vista. And it doesn't do it with the keyboard.

I happen to use this function a lot. Any suggestions?
auger66

Re: USB Serial Port and skip button

Postby IRTrans » Wed 25. Nov 2009, 10:40

The USB Serial port driver is not needed by the IRTrans SW and therefore it is not installed. It was not installed with the previous version, too.

We do not know the skip problem - others are using that without any problems.

Maybe you changed the apps.cfg and also activated the Mediaplayer control. Then the Mediaplayer will get Mediaplayer AND Mediacenter commands.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby auger66 » Wed 25. Nov 2009, 20:15

IRTrans wrote:The USB Serial port driver is not needed by the IRTrans SW and therefore it is not installed. It was not installed with the previous version, too.

Interesting. The USB Serial port unknown device wasn't there the first time in installed Win 7 or any time in Vista.

IRTrans wrote:We do not know the skip problem - others are using that without any problems.

Maybe you changed the apps.cfg and also activated the Mediaplayer control. Then the Mediaplayer will get Mediaplayer AND Mediacenter commands.

IRTrans

I did add NEXT [KEY]\CTRLF and PREV [KEY]\CTRLB under media center because it wouldn't skip or replay at all when watching recorded TV. I also added a section to use TotalMedia Theatre, but I've been doing that for a long time with no problems.

I deleted the entire media player section from the apps.cfg file and restarted. No change--still skips two songs. I'll keep playing with the apps.cfg file next week. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your responsiveness.
auger66

Postby auger66 » Tue 1. Dec 2009, 23:47

Got it.

The CTRLF and CRTLB I added to [APP]* [REMOTE]mediacenter that enabled replay and skip when watching recorded TV was also causing the double skip when listening to music in media center.

I deleted [FNC]NEXT and [FNC]PREV under [APP]MEDIACENTER . . . ehshell.exe to stop the double music skip and still have that function with recorded TV.
auger66

Return to Drivers / Installation