IRServer64.exe crashes at startup

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

IRServer64.exe crashes at startup

Postby splaffo » Tue 9. Feb 2010, 14:14

Hello, I'm a happy user of IRTrans coupled with a Origen S16V case.

I start by saying I never had a problem with IRTrans software in the last 2 years, so what's happening to me seems quite odd. I recently made a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my HTPC, providing to install all the latest drivers and firmwares for all my devices. I like minimal installation so, apart from drivers, I only installed Eset Nod32 Antivirus and a couple of codec (that anyway don't reside in memory and don't load automatically at startup).

Problem is, since new install, that everytime I log into Windows I receive this error "IRServer64.exe" has stopped working. This happens exactly at startup, while loading all the Windows services.

Funny thing is that if I run IRServer64.exe manually from cmd.exe (Administrator) the remote works wonderfully, but the MS-DOS like window remains visibile, so it's not an option.

I tried to repair/reinstall/clean/whatever IRTrans software, I tried to use compatibility mode, or "Run as Administrator".... Nothing... It keeps crashing at startup.

I have no clue, since I don't even know with wich flags it's run (speaking of wich I would like to know If there's a cfg file where I can see all the flags IRServer64.exe has when loaded).

I'm considering reinstalling Windows7, but I know this won't be useful, since my installation is cleaner than clean.

Please help me out on this, since without the remote this thing is quite useless.

Thanks for you time and your availability.

Andrea Catalucci
splaffo

Re: IRServer64.exe crashes at startup

Postby splaffo » Tue 9. Feb 2010, 14:28

I found out that IRSERVER64.EXE is called at startup with this syntax "IRSERVER64.EXE -delay 20000 USB" that works just fine if I run it after it crashes in CMD. This is a big mistery, why AT STARTUP crashes and AFTER STARTUP works a charm.

No idea
splaffo

Postby IRTrans » Tue 9. Feb 2010, 15:01

No idea, we have not seen the problem here so far.

I suppose it is caused by the IP Stack being initialized while the server already tries to start.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby splaffo » Tue 9. Feb 2010, 15:04

So how can I postpone IRServer64 start? Can I change the -delay 20000 flag with something longer?
splaffo

Postby splaffo » Tue 9. Feb 2010, 15:37

An answer would be appreciated.

Thanks
splaffo

Return to Drivers / Installation