Swapped IR Trans LAN for WLAN

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

Swapped IR Trans LAN for WLAN

Postby rhodesy22 » Mon 31. May 2010, 14:42

Hey,

I've just swapped out a LAN device for a WLAN one in the system I'm developing. The problem is that now it doesn't work - I send ASCI then Alearn M2,I0,X,RI2C,W5

but I always get **00047 RESULT Error: IR Learn Error (Timeout)

Thanks

Luke
rhodesy22

Re: Swapped IR Trans LAN for WLAN

Postby IRTrans » Mon 31. May 2010, 16:39

Hi,
the options you are using do not make sense:

- You are using RAW mode to learn (M2). In addition you want to use calibration. (X) that is not supported. Furthermore the parameter after the "X" would be missing.
- The receiver you want to select with "RI2C" it not there - the WiFi Device only has one internal receiver.

Please try it without any parameters or only with the "M2" option to learn RAW codes. In any case do not use "X" and any "R..." option.
Maybe the LAN device did tolerate those options, however they are not correct for the LAN device, too.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rhodesy22 » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 00:32

Hey,

I re-looked at the documents and changed it to the following for the WLAN however now this doesn't work with the LAN device:

Alearn M2,I0,W15

Thanks
rhodesy22

Postby rhodesy22 » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 00:36

I see what I was doing now - Alearn M2,I0,RI1C,W15 should work on both?
rhodesy22

Postby IRTrans » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 12:03

Hi,
you cannot use the same syntax on both devices. The WiFi Device supports 2 receivers, therefore the external receiver is receiver 2.
With the LAN Devices you will need to select an external receiver.

Combining multiple options (like RI1C) is not supported.

We will change that in a future version so that external receiver selection is the same for all devices.

Furthermore you should not use M2 (= RAW Codes) by default. Some IR codes cannot be learned as RAW Codes because RAW Codes cannot support Toggle bits. The standard selection should be M0.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rhodesy22 » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 12:22

Thanks for the heads up on the RAW - I've made it user selectable now (they're engineers anyway)

I had thought the LAN device I had, had an internal receiver (Ethernet V2.3 IRDB) but I may be getting my terminology wrong - can you explain further please?

Am I right in thinking Alearn M9,I0,RC,W15 will work on both types of device for learning codes from the internal learner receiver?

Thanks!
rhodesy22

Postby IRTrans » Wed 8. Sep 2010, 13:19

Hi,
selecting the internal receiver will always be the same syntax.

Please note that you will not need the receiver selection at all if you only have an internal IR Receiver which is configured correctly.
Only if you want to use a different receiver for learning than that which is selected in the Device configuration you will need the receiver option.

The standard learning option would be "M0" and not "M9".

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Drivers / Installation