Installation problem on Windows 7

Here you can ask all driver / installation questions

Moderator: marcus

Installation problem on Windows 7

Postby Steveyoung42 » Sat 11. Sep 2010, 16:44

I have tried to install V6 on a Windows 7 (64 bit) and it errored on the C++ installation. I managed to install C++ from the Microsoft website and then reinstalled the software which worked fine.

The normal red icon is not loading at start up and is not available in the start up options (using - msconfig).

When I open open "IRTranstray LAN" it gives the following error:- IRServer64 Version No 6.02.82 NO IRTrans device found, aborting.

If I open the GUI Client is comes up with a Microsoft.NET Framework error - Unhandled exception has occuted in your application. If you vlick continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Cannot open IRTrans Server.

When I go into device manager via the control panel it shows that there is a "IRTrans USB" in the USB controllers.

This was previously working within a Vista on the same machine with the same specification of hardware etc.
Steveyoung42

Re: Installation problem on Windows 7

Postby IRTrans » Sat 11. Sep 2010, 17:47

Hi,
first of all what IRTrans device do you have ?

You write you are starting "IRTranstray LAN" but there is an IRTrans USB Device in the device manager ???

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Drivers / Installation