IR Trans suddenly stopped working.

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

IR Trans suddenly stopped working.

Postby earithramir » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 03:02

Hi there,

I have a OEM IR Translocator that came with my Zalman HD160 case.
Its a IRTranslocator with VDF display thats connected to the internal USB of the motherboard.

I was using this configuration for more then 3 years now, and never had any troubles with it.

But al of the sudden the IR-reciever stopped recieving signals, i was wachting live TV using the OEM Remote that came with the device (MCE remote) and it suddenly did not respond anymore.
Tried checking for microsoft updates, none where installed, driver and software version where still working and online.
It does not recieve any signal.
The VFD display did some random numbers/letters showing on the display directly after that the ir server stopped recieving the signals.
Checked for virruses but virus software still running and up to date (virus definition only a 1 hour old) and none viruses/threads where found nor any attacks through internet.

What i did try to get it working again:
1. deinstall all drivers / software and re-installed new version of drivers/software from irtrans.de -> did not work
2. restored windows to a previouse point where everything did work -> did not work
3. reinstalling (clean install) of windows Vista x64 with OEM bundled drivers/software -> did not work
3. just finnished reinstalling (clean install, yes annother clean install in 24 hours just to be sure that there could not be any left-over driver parts interphering) of windows Vista x64 with OEM bundled drivers/software -> did not work
4. checked media center for USB port errors but the ports seem to work fine.

I know i do need to contact zalman for support, i tried but there support is really really slow (previouse question took 3 month before i got the first reply on a email), just hoping that someone had same experience or does know what to do.

Somethings that i think that are handy to know:
The Display (VFD) is still working fine and is connected by same usb connector
Using latest driver/software from this site.
running windows vista x64
tried using more then one remote.
remote is still working on other computer meaning that the remote is not broken.
found out that my room-lights (the one hanging on the ceiling) did interphere with ir trans (recieving signals when lights where on)
Before this happed i could turn on/off computer with remote this does not work anymore !

Ps. Sorry for the broken english tried my best to make it understandable.
earithramir

Re: IR Trans suddenly stopped working.

Postby IRTrans » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 11:53

Sorry but we cannot help with HW problems with OEM devices here.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby earithramir » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 16:00

Dont you have some tips or something that can help me?
earithramir

Postby IRTrans » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 18:35

As we do not know the OEM devices (we do not manufacture or sell them) we cannot help you with that.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

SOLVED: IR Trans suddenly stopped working.

Postby earithramir » Tue 10. Feb 2009, 01:56

I solved the problem by removing the IRTrans board from case and cleaning it.
It realy wasnt that dusty but it helped.

I cleaned the dust from the board arround all the electronic ends/connectors.
reinstalled the board in the case, and everything is working again.

To bad i formatted the system drive from nothing, ahh well at least everything is working again.
earithramir

Return to Hardware