Bus-module and firmware versions

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

Bus-module and firmware versions

Postby gbsallery » Sat 14. Jun 2008, 12:35

Hi,

Having recently moved house, I have started re-configuring my IRTrans setup. I have a USB IRTrans module (firmware U3.02.09) connected to a Linux box running irserver. This learns and transmits codes without any problem.

However, I recently found one of my old bus-modules, firmware B4.04.39. I have connected this to the USB module, using a 3-core cable (distance is about 10 metres, in a different room). The bus-module is detected by irserver, and shows up when I do a "Device Mode" status check from a (Windows) box running the IRTrans client. It appears to learn codes, and claims to send them, but nothing happens apart from the red LED flashing on the bus module at the appropriate point. I am also unable to "bridge" the modules; IR codes transmitted in one room are not echoed to the other.

Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong, and are the (very different) firmware versions compatible?

Thanks,

Gavin Sallery
gbsallery

Re: Bus-module and firmware versions

Postby IRTrans » Sat 14. Jun 2008, 17:55

Hi Gavin,
that is correct, 3.x and 4.x modules are not compatible - the 4.x modules have got an extended IR Data structure.

What hardware version has your USB Module (Black or Blue case) ? All these modules cannot be updated by the customer.
If the module is very old we might not be able to update the firmware at all because the new firmware versions will not
fit into the Flash Memory (The very old devices had 8KB, later versions 16KB and the current versions have 32KB).

We might be able to offer you an exchange for a current module at a decent price. - Just let us know your current HW version.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Hardware