Infrared Routing

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

Infrared Routing

Postby joshhall6 » Thu 25. Feb 2010, 04:20

I would like to be able to have different remotes sent to different channels and eventually a second irTrans. Does the irTrans allow me to specify which infrared output for a given remote input? Does it allow me to specify a second irTrans for a given remote input?

I would like my PS3 and XBOX signals to be forward from the bedroom to the living room, and the Master Bedroom DVR signals to be forwarded to the bedroom. Is this possible with just the two irTrans?

Currently I have the irTrans in the bedroom with outputs in the living room and bedroom. Is it possible to have the PS3 and XBOX go only to the living room while the DVR goes to the Bedroom?

Or do I need a PC running irServer to do this? If I do, is it supported with the software provided or do I need to program my own app?
joshhall6

Re: Infrared Routing

Postby IRTrans » Thu 25. Feb 2010, 12:41

Hi,
this way of IR Routing is only possible with devices having an IRDB (Flash memory). With these devices you can use the IR Translator to "Translate" each
IR Code to itself. In the Translation setup you can define which IR Output(s) to use.

Using the IRServer that will be possible, too. However, it is no integrated functionallity of the irserver - you would need to write a programm to do that.

Please note that this will only work with remote codes that are properly recognized each time. Some remotes use changing codes or codes that change
depending on how long you press the remote button. It is very difficult or even impossible to translate such codes.

You can simply check that with the "Detected IR Commands" window.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joshhall6 » Fri 26. Feb 2010, 02:58

I currently have a irtrans Ethernet. Can this be used with the irTranslator?
joshhall6

Postby IRTrans » Fri 26. Feb 2010, 10:27

It can be done if you have an IRDB version. That is printed on the typelabel.
If not the device can be upgraded.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joshhall6 » Sat 27. Feb 2010, 03:26

I have the irdb. How does the IrTrans Ethernet connect to the IrTranslator?
joshhall6

Postby IRTrans » Sat 27. Feb 2010, 14:53

Nothing does connect here in any way.

It is a firmware feature of the IRTrans device: You can programm it to send a code when another code is received.

Configuration is done with the GUI Client Dialog "IR Translation".

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Hardware