No IRTrans Devices Found!

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

No IRTrans Devices Found!

Postby SD_Surf » Sun 6. Jun 2010, 20:54

I recently purchased IRTrans Ethernet device as a part of the Ethernet for iRedTouch Special offer. All was working as expected until I disconnected the Ethernet cable to relocate the device. After that, the IRTranstray LAN server can no longer find the device. The device can still successfully process a WOL call. The device is seen by the NAT Router with correct MAC and IP addresses. It is seen by IRTrans IP Assign with the correct MAC address but an incorrect DHCP IP address. Any attempt to assign a static IP address or select Enable DHCP fails.
Finally, I completely uninstalled the IRTrans software and reinstalled the latest version. The results remain the same.
Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.
SD_Surf

Re: No IRTrans Devices Found!

Postby IRTrans » Sun 6. Jun 2010, 22:33

Hi,
what do you mean with "incorrect DHCP address" ?

When assining a static IP (using ip_assign) please make sure that the correct password (default = irtrans) is entered.

Apart from that we have not seen that problem so far.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: No IRTrans Devices Found!

Postby SD_Surf » Sun 6. Jun 2010, 23:43

Thanks for your help. I was able to set a static IP address with the password. I obviously did not read the instructions carefully as I should.
The device reset itself to the default IP address when I moved it. How I set it up correctly in the first place is a mystery.
Regards
SD_Surf

Return to Hardware