External IR Transmitters

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

External IR Transmitters

Postby rubalex » Tue 28. Sep 2010, 13:34

Hi

1. External IR Transmitter 2-way (4-way 6-way IRT-TRANS-4K -6K) with 3,5mm Phone plug - is it STICK ON transmitters??

2. What is the max cable lenght with it?

3. Please show me the foto for 4-way transmitter? and may be some foto example how they stick on devices?

thanks for answers
rubalex

Re: External IR Transmitters

Postby IRTrans » Tue 28. Sep 2010, 13:37

Hi,

1. These are stick on transmitters, correct.

2. The max. cable length is 5m

3. I only have a picture of a one way transmitter - however they all look the same.

IRTrans
Attachments
1K back.jpg
1K back.jpg (131.81 KiB) Viewed 26760 times
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rubalex » Tue 28. Sep 2010, 13:53

1. is it possible to split 2-WAY transmitter to stick them on the devices witch are at the different corners of the room? for example the ITtrans ethernet module in the center of the room, one device 3 meters at the left from module and other device 4 meters at the right from the module?

2. With whitch cable length does stick on transmitters shiped? Is it some special cable or I can use any sutibale cable I have to make length I need (max 5 m from module)

3. can you show me the electrical scheme for 2-4 WAY transmitters with cable length?
rubalex

Postby IRTrans » Tue 28. Sep 2010, 16:32

Hi,
in general you can use any cable to extend the transmitters. No idea if it still works when you extend both cables through the whole room.
I would rather place the IRTrans near to one device and use the internal blasters to control the other device.

We do not have any circuit diagrams for the transmitters, sorry.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Hardware