Hardware selection

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

Hardware selection

Postby Autosolutions » Sat 15. Jan 2011, 22:11

Hi there I want to use your product and I have the software sorted I think the right one for me is cf viewer because I can basically do what I want with it from an iPad. What I want to do is under my stairs in a cuberd i have all my hardware like amp blue ray sky box apple tv. Then in the living room I need To control the tv fire and light switch all working on ir. Then the kitchen I need to control the tv fire blinds and under floor heating all working on ir. These three areas all link together I mean I think the main unit can be under the stairs then 2 ir blasters in each room. Then upstairs I need to control the bathroom light landing light and the bathroom under floor heating all ir, all the units will be on the landing so I think one ir blaster can control all these. then in the master bedroom i need to control the lights curtains and stereo all on ir. What do you think the best hardware selection is for this because I'm a little confused on witch way to go and what do you think of my choice of software? Any advise would be very appreciated. Kind regards James
Autosolutions

Re: Hardware selection

Postby IRTrans » Sat 15. Jan 2011, 23:33

Hi,
some general tips:

- The max. cable length for IR Transmitters is 5m for the low power (stick-on) transmitters and 2m for IR blasters
- Are you sure your blinds and heating is IR controlled - most systems use RF here
- Due to the cable lenghts you will need an IRTrans module for each room
- Command fusion / CF viewer does support IRTrans IRDB devices. It is surely a good SW solution
- In general Ethernet/PoE/WiFi IRDB devices will be the route to go

Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Marcus
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Autosolutions » Thu 20. Jan 2011, 22:21

Hi Marcus thanks for the reply. I'm making sure that the products I buy are all ir controlled so I can use your hardware for everything to keep it simple because none of your hardware can control rf can it?
To be fair I think for the room upstairs a IRTrans module will do that just fine but I can't decide between the IRTrans LAN Controller and the IRTrans LAN I/O with 4 ir outputs for the down stairs because the cubard this is going in Links in to all the rooms were a ir blaster can easy reach in to each room. I thought these two because they seem the most flexible for the price but can you just explain the advantages and disadvantages of each one please because I don't want to buy one then find out that it wont do something I want it to do but the other one would do, you know what I meen? Onece we decide witch is best for me then I can get ordering.
Kind regards James
Autosolutions

Postby IRTrans » Sat 22. Jan 2011, 00:30

Hi,
are you sure you will be able to reach every room with regards to the cable length of the external transmitters?

These are the differences between the LAN I/O (4X Option) and the LAN Controller:

Additional features LAN I/O:
- RS232 Port
- 3 IR Receiver

Additional features LAN Controller:
- 4 separate connectors for the 4 outputs
- Connector for IRTrans Bus modules (cannot be used with all client applications)

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Autosolutions » Mon 24. Jan 2011, 21:13

Hi Marcus
Yes the cupboard is right in the middle of the house so a 2 meter ir blaster will reach just fine.
I'm tempted towards The IRTrans LAN I/O because it has a rs232 port incase I need to use it. But with the option of the 4x ir out puts are the 4 all individual ports or the they just linked in to the previous 2 ports? And can I control Anouther IRTrans module from this one for upstairs or do the just go on to the LAN and can be controled individual? All this help is much appriciated kind regards James
Autosolutions

Return to Hardware