Configuration

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Configuration

Postby roob » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 09:51

Is there any documentation available with the explanation of the cfg-file so that I can modify it more easily. I would like to know what I am doing without try and error.

R.g. Robert
Last edited by roob on Mon 18. Aug 2008, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
roob

Re: Configuration

Postby IRTrans » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 09:54

Hi,
I am sorry but there is no documentation for the apps.cfg file available.

Do you have any specific questions ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby roob » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 10:16

O.k.
Correct me if I am wrong.
- The rem-files hide the IR-codes comming from the remote control. Each code gets a specific name (vol-).
- The cfg-file is translating that code (vol-) to a code which will be used by the application

I am checking things because the volume up and down on my mce-remote are working but on my mce-keyboard only the volume up is working. I checked the IR-codes of these buttons and the volume down code of the keyboard is not the same as the IR-code of the remote control.
While I am checking I became curious and I see more possibilities. I now for instance also use AutoHotkey but this functionality is also possible with ITrans.
roob

Postby IRTrans » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 13:46

Hi,
that is very strange - all keyboards I have seen so far use the same codes as the remote control.

Anyway, you can learn the new code, give it any name you like and add it to your apps.cfg with the same command as the code that is there.
You should learn it using the remote control mediacenter.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Software