Controlling Relays in LanController XL

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Controlling Relays in LanController XL

Postby dcturbo » Sun 24. May 2009, 11:32

Hi,

1. I am using IredTouch on iPhone/ITouch qith the LanController XL to control a number of AV devices.
Is it possible to control the 4 relays in the LanController XL using iRedTouch? If so How?

2. It is not clear to me from the manuals how to control the Relays using the Relay options of the IR database via IR commands and the GUI Client. Are you able to provide me with more detailed instructions how I set up the required IR commands and control the relays via the GUI Client (I can tseem to find any options in the GUI Client which relate to this)

3. Could you also please give me an example of the syntax and structure of the HTTP command that one could use to control a Relay. eg: Is http:\\192.168.0.32/send.htm?remote=***relais_1&command=1 correct?
Does one have to create ***relais_1 and flash it to the LanController? If so what the structure of this IR Remote with its commands?

Thanking you kindly in aticipation
dcturbo

Re: Controlling Relays in LanController XL

Postby IRTrans » Sun 24. May 2009, 20:26

Hi,
regarding your questions:

1. As far as I know iRed or iRedTouch does not support control of the Relays of the LAN Controller devices-

2. Relay control from the GUI Client is only supported when the GUI Client connects directly to the IRTrans (and not through the irserver). We will change that in future irserver versions, though. Once you have connected to the XL directly you only need to send a command for the remote "***relais_1" (for relay 1) and command 0 1 I or T (for off, on, pulse, toggle). Of course you do NOT need to generate and upload a remote control for that.

3. The HTML syntax you have mentioned is correct. As mentioned above this pseudo remote does not need to exist in the IR Database.

IMPORTANT: There has to be an IR Database flashed to the LAN COntroller/XL - otherwise no IR Database relay commands will be executed. You can choose any single
remote control to upload this IR Database - even if it is not needed.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby IRTrans » Sun 24. May 2009, 22:59

Hi,
I just rechecked that: Setting the relays of the LAN Controller/XL is also possible if the GUI Client talks trough the irserver with the LAN Controller.
If it is done that way no IRDB needs to be uploaded into the LAN Controller.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Bert » Tue 13. Apr 2010, 18:52

Hi,

The explanation for the relay to switch I have succeeded :D

But I try to program the relay input to send some IR when i come home, but i don't succeed in that :?

I have done is:
- I have 12 volts to a 10K resistor to an LED to the entrance and - back to the 0volt
- I've been taught the lan controller some IR
- I've played with the GUI Client and Translator device database

can you help me with the basic rule where i have to look for

Thanks!
Bert
Bert

Postby IRTrans » Tue 13. Apr 2010, 20:04

Hi,
the relay is an output.

You will need to jumper one of the I/O ports to analog input. The jumper setting is shown in the manual.

The IR Codes can be programmed through the IRDB dialog (Analog inputs).

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Bert » Thu 15. Apr 2010, 20:56

Hi,

I have already seen it in the manual and i made the 2 jumper setting like on the picture on the right side of the page, also made the positive on the middle of the phone plug.

but i think i don't understand what exactly i have to do in the IRDB i got ir codes and tried some configurations.

i read also something about values to reach for the analog input :? :? :?

Greetings,
Bert
Bert

Postby IRTrans » Sat 17. Apr 2010, 01:05

First you should use the "Analog Input" Dialog of the GUI client to check the values that are returned by the Analog input port.

The Analog Input dialog of the GUI Client allows to define upper and lower thresholds. When the value is lower than the lower threashold
an action (= IR Sending) is triggered. The same for the upper threashold. Both can also be combined.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Bert » Sat 17. Apr 2010, 13:38

hi,

I'm trying to get a steady value on the input, very difficult but i found i hope a solution.

- i have put only the microfoonplug in input 3 & 4
- set in device database--analogIO by both input 3 and 4 , Schalter Ein-Aus ( now is the value of the analog input steady open analog3 =242 & analog4=240 and both by shorted 190 )
- selected in device database--analogIO input 3 min Remote/Command a device mine case iiyama and a command that i learned p+
- selected in device database--analogIO input 3 max Remote/Command i left it empty
- selected in device database--analogIO input 4 a device mine case iiyama and a command that i learned on
- selected in device database--analogIO input 4 max Remote/Command i left it empty
- selected by both Min/Max LED Sendmask to all
- save and flash

so i little expected that if i shorted the input that there was send a ir but nothing happend :(

do you got a idea if it can work like this

Thanking you kindly in aticipation
Bert
Bert

Postby Bert » Thu 13. May 2010, 10:44

Aloha,

after direct mail with IRTrans here the solution :D

I have now in the IRTrans GUI client -> device database

-- in the IRDB tab:
rightmouse select or Auswählen on the remote that have to send

-- in the Analog IO
Mode= Schalter Ein so if I open the input he send the command that I fill in
To send a Macro simply use the commands separated by “;”. E.g. “1;2;3”.
The device will add a 500ms delay between the commands.

Please note that all commands have to belong to the same remote control. If they do not you can add links into other .rem files.
That can be done using the GUI Client – Learn dialog. You will need the latest version from our website for that.

And that works! :D
Bert

Return to Ethernet