irTrans works with main router but not with bridged router

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

irTrans works with main router but not with bridged router

Postby gregconnors » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 03:44

Hello.

My network consists of Apple Airport Extreme linked by cable to a (new model) Apple Airport Express. The Airport Express is set up to extend the wireless network and is in bridging mode. All other devices connect and work as expected except the irTrans. The irTrans has been set to static IP address created by a DHCP reservation of MAC address.

The irTrans when connected to the (main) Extreme router works flawlessly. It connects to iRed and is super fast and acts as expected. However, when connected to the Express router, it is not found by iRed and I cannot connect to the configuration page using the static IP address. The Express router says that the IP address has been reserved correctly by the Express router, but I cannot access the irTrans.

I hope that makes sense. Any suggestions where to start to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Greg
gregconnors

Re: irTrans works with main router but not with bridged rout

Postby IRTrans » Tue 31. Jul 2012, 11:53

Hi,
no idea what might cause that.

What do you meant with "The irTrans has been set to static IP address created by a DHCP reservation of MAC address"?

Did you try to assign a fixed IP address to the IRTrans?

Some bridges are not setting up their MAC Tables correctly when a device is "quiet". Try to ping or access the IRTrans from the other part of your network first.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Ethernet