No IRTrans Devices found, how to proceed?

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

No IRTrans Devices found, how to proceed?

Postby wplate » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 19:22

I have got my IRTrans up and running, I can access it via a web browser, now I have a couple of questions, I'll start with how to get the server running...

I was told I need to install the server software in order to learn and upload codes to the IRTrans ethernet device. So I have installed the Windows software on a Windows system and I can run the IRTrans client. In the client when I choose Mode->Learn Command I'm told this is only doable using the irserver (even though the user guide on page 12 says that I should use the GUI Client for learning). So I launch irtranstray and it aborts with the error: IRServer Version 6.02.07 No IRTrans Devices found. Aborting...

How do I get the server software to connect to my device?
wplate

Re: No IRTrans Devices found, how to proceed?

Postby wplate » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 21:26

I'm not much of a Windows user so maybe this should have been obvious to me, but I was reading the user guide some more trying to see what I was missing and saw that I could specify the IP address of the IRTrans device when launching irtranstray.exe, presumably through the command prompt.

So I tried entering: "C:\Program Files\IRTrans\irtranstray.exe" 192.168.0.32

Then I didn't get the previously reported error, instead I got Count not open Remote Database (No folder 'remotes'/Access rights?)

I wonder, Now what do I do?
wplate

Postby IRTrans » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 21:54

Hi,
your first problem is in most cases caused by either a firewall on your PC or multiple network interfaces handling broadcasts not properly.

You are right that this problem can in most cases be solved by using the IP address.

To do that there are 2 ways:

1. Using the command prompt (as you did). You only need to make a cd to the IRTrans installation folder first.
Simply enter "cd C:\Program Files\IRTrans" first.
Now you can start the software via "irtranstray.exe 192.168.0.32".

2. You can edit the Menu entry. That is done via Right Click-Properties on the menu entry "Irtranstray lan". Simply replace the parameter "lan" with the IP address.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby wplate » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 21:55

Well after just trying that command over and over it finally seemed to "stick" and now I've learned the three commands I need now I'm trying to figure out how I test my new commands then how to get the commands loaded onto the device.
wplate

Postby IRTrans » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 21:58

- To test the command you can use the "Send" menu of the IRTrans GUI Client
- Uploading the commands is done using the "IR Database" dialog of the GUI Client

You need to mark/select the remotes you want to upload before clicking on "Flash"

Then you can send the commands using UDP, TCP or http.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby wplate » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 22:03

The options I have in the Mode menu are:

Device Status
Learn Command
IR Translator
Device Database
HTML pages
---
IP address
---
end

Reading the user guide it seems to me that I should be using Device Database dialog, with the Load or Save buttons somehow but so far I have not been successful.

I'm running "IRTrans Client" version 6.2.12 btw.
wplate

Postby wplate » Thu 30. Jul 2009, 22:05

IRTrans wrote:- To test the command you can use the "Send" menu of the IRTrans GUI Client
- Uploading the commands is done using the "IR Database" dialog of the GUI Client

You need to mark/select the remotes you want to upload before clicking on "Flash"

Ah, ok, that seems to be the missing step. I'll let you know how this ends up.
wplate

Return to Ethernet