WakeOnLan - no onboard database - remote/command

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Re: WakeOnLan - no onboard database - remote/command

Postby nodepeeker » Sun 20. Sep 2009, 19:09

Ok, Well thank you for your time and patience, and thank you for the IRtrans, that with my x10 and heyu system are the most life enhancing items in any disabled person IT life.
nodepeeker

Re: WakeOnLan - no onboard database - remote/command

Postby nodepeeker » Tue 22. Sep 2009, 11:41

UPDATE.

History:
The linux machine that I am trying to get to start via WakeOnLan, was formerly a windows XP machine, it failed to boot one day and would freeze in the BIOS under health section, then that same day it would not even start. The machine got put in the pending to scrap bin. Before this failure, another Linux box would send a wakeonlan to start this XP machine after the X10 power was turned on to it.

Some weeks later this machine was taken out the bin to pull parts for scrap, before the rape of said machine power was applied and it started up. It ran for 3 days without crashing, so it got wiped and became the new Linux server as it had a 3GHz CPU and the one it replaced had 800MHz CPU.

Today:
I put the mac address of the new windows machine into IRtrans, I pressed the sky button and the XP machine started up.

Conclusion:
Turns out the BIOS CMOS was corrupt and the wakeonlan no longer functions. Thank you IRTrans team for patience.

I have put the conclusion on the videos in youtube incase others use it to see how things done.
nodepeeker

Previous

Return to Ethernet