A/C Control over Ethernet

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

A/C Control over Ethernet

Postby Matt » Sat 14. Jun 2008, 14:26

I'm looking to be able to transmit IR codes to my IR-enabled air conditioner remotely via a web interface remotely without having to leave my computer on all day. In other words, I want to use the web browser on my iPhone to turn my A/C on while I'm on my way home. Is this possible? I noticed that HTTP commands are only available with the model with the IRDB. Is it possible to add commands to the IRDB so that it can learn my A/C's IR commands?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt

Re: A/C Control over Ethernet

Postby IRTrans » Sat 14. Jun 2008, 17:57

Hi Matt,
in fact the IRDB is Flash memory - that means you will have to fill in the commands yourself.

Furthermore we support Air conditioner codes using special learn modes.

Once the codes have been learned and uploaded to the IRDB you can send them via http.
You can even store small Web pages (128KB in total) inside the IRTrans Module.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: A/C Control over Ethernet

Postby jaga01 » Wed 6. Jan 2010, 20:01

Matt wrote:I'm looking to be able to transmit IR codes to my IR-enabled air conditioner remotely via a web interface remotely without having to leave my computer on all day. In other words, I want to use the web browser on my iPhone to turn my A/C on while I'm on my way home. Is this possible? I noticed that HTTP commands are only available with the model with the IRDB. Is it possible to add commands to the IRDB so that it can learn my A/C's IR commands?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi - This is also what i whants to do. But I do not have the knowledge to program the html pages. Did you succed in getting it to work. Will you share your results?
BRDGS, Jacob
jaga01

Return to Ethernet