Ethernet module locked in weird repeat mode after iRedTouch

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Ethernet module locked in weird repeat mode after iRedTouch

Postby heinz » Tue 1. Dec 2009, 05:56

While installing an additional IRTrans module I used iRedTouch "Identify Module" to help with debugging/installation.

On my new one the LED just flashed very briefly. When I tried it on an older POE module, one that has been working ever so nicely, the LED flashed for a long time and ever since it seems to be locked into repeating mode. I have input configured OFF but it's not anymore.

I have re-configured, rebooted, disconnected for a while but it is receiving and repeating all IR commands sent by a regular remote.

Is there any way to force a factory reset perhaps?

In the configuration I have IR Send checked and Internal and External LED's checked. Rest all unchecked.
Have also tried it with only External LED active checked. It still repeats my regular remote IR.

Command sent via iRed2 also repeat so it's not just repeating IR received. I'm totally confused, hence the hope that a factory reset exists.

Edit: Found the reset instruction posted las year. Will wait to see if there are other suggestions though as I figure it's not a task to attempt late in the day :-)

Edit-2: The reset did the trick to return the module to normal. However, it was set to DHCP but did not pick up an address even when a static IP was defined to the ethernet address of the module.
heinz

Re: Ethernet module locked in weird repeat mode after iRedTouch

Postby IRTrans » Wed 2. Dec 2009, 15:23

I suppose the problem was caused by a mismatch between software and firmware when making the setting.

The DHCP will only work if no fixed address is assigned. In case DHCP does not work simply assign a fixed address.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby heinz » Wed 2. Dec 2009, 16:47

So because 192.168.0.32 is defined as default after a factory reset DHCP is not active, even though DHCP box is checked?

I was under the impression that as long as DHCP is checked it would try and obtain an address first and if none available would use 192.168.0.32.
heinz

Postby IRTrans » Thu 3. Dec 2009, 00:48

If DHCP is checked the default IP will not prevent DHCP from working.

In some rare cases we have seen incompatibilty with some DHCP servers.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby heinz » Thu 3. Dec 2009, 00:56

Guess I have one of those :)

Thx
heinz

Return to Ethernet