Ethernet Device / Emitter (Flasher) Issue

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Ethernet Device / Emitter (Flasher) Issue

Postby SD_Surf » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 20:47

I have for the past week or so been learning/programming my URC MX-950 remote with various remote codes for some new equipment. I then used the MX-950, to learn codes that are to be used by my Ethernet device. Using the MX-950 directly with the Ethernet device all checks out as I expected.

I then configured the Ethernet device into my equipment cabinet. Now IR signals are received from an emitter connected to the MRF-350/RFX-250 base station which in turn has an RF link to my MX-950 remote. The Ethernet device did not see anything from the emitter. Then I recalled that the emitters were all set a minimum IR output level. I set the emitter in question to maximum output level. At that point the Ethernet device saw the emitter but correctly passed the code about 50% of the time.

In order to further define the problem, I deployed an older USB device I had previously used successfully in a similar configuration. The USB device interfaces fine with the emitter (set at minimum IR level) passing all codes correctly. I only difference that comes to mind is that the Ethernet device uses a universal learning receiver and the older USB device does not.

Do you think perhaps using one of your external receivers would work more reliably?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
SD_Surf

Re: Ethernet Device / Emitter (Flasher) Issue

Postby IRTrans » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 20:50

Hi,
the learning receiver is rather insensitive and can therefore only be used to learn IR codes. If you use stick on transmitters (which have low sending power) the learning receiver will not work correctly.

You will need to use an (external) standard IR Receiver. Please note that this receiver will only be able to receive signals with 36-40kHz.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: Ethernet Device / Emitter (Flasher) Issue

Postby SD_Surf » Wed 16. Jun 2010, 21:08

Thanks! I sent an email for the order.
SD_Surf

Return to Ethernet