IrTrans Ethernet Packet Output

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

IrTrans Ethernet Packet Output

Postby joshhall6 » Mon 31. Jan 2011, 03:43

I believe the default UDP Broadcast is done in a raw mode packet, while specifing a UDP Broadcast Target provides a text mode packet.
I would like the UDP Broadcast Target to be in raw mode, or to prevent the irTrans from responding to a broadcast, is that possible?

I am trying to setup the two irTrans Ethernet to only send data to my computer which I setup to route the messages. This worked well when I only had one irTrans, but now that I have two I am getting two outputs. The irTrans broadcast the output to the other irTrans sending the ir command, but it also sends it to the computer which then forwards it a second time. I have disabled the broadcast and setup the irTrans to only send to the computer, but the output only sends out packets for the commands it has in the database. I would like to see what other commands it recieves that are not found, so I can fix them.
joshhall6

Re: IrTrans Ethernet Packet Output

Postby IRTrans » Mon 31. Jan 2011, 12:48

Hi,
of course that is possible: Simply go to the web interface / IR Relay page. Disable "Broadcast IR Relay" and enter the IP address of your PC into the first field of the "Send IR Relay to" list.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joshhall6 » Tue 1. Feb 2011, 01:34

I did that but the packet does not provide the same information. Before I would recieve a packet for every command, rather it was decoded or not. When I changed it like you said I only get commands it was able to decode. Is there a way to make the packet a RAW packet?
joshhall6

Postby IRTrans » Tue 1. Feb 2011, 11:47

No, then you have entered the IP into the wrong field: You have to enter it into the "Send IR Relay to" list.
You have entered it into the field "UDP Broadcast Target" - which is for the decoded packages

Furthermore you should NOT use port 21000 as "UDP Broadcast Port" - that is the port used for the decoded packages.
Using it for decoded packages, too will mix up the data and might irritate the irserver.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joshhall6 » Wed 2. Feb 2011, 03:48

Ok, Thanks
joshhall6

Return to Ethernet