How to flash integrated DB of eth device on Linux

All LINUX related questions (Installation & usage)

Moderator: marcus

How to flash integrated DB of eth device on Linux

Postby jef2000 » Tue 2. Dec 2008, 12:26

Hi,

I have a working IRTRANS ethernet DB device. I have learnt my remotes and can send and receive IR commands using irserver and irclient. Now I would like to program the device integrated database and the only thing I found in documentation is the procedure using GUI client (not available for Linux).
I have seen the following commands in the irclient commandline help, but I'm not sure about what they do and the parameters to use:
Flash IRDB : ./irclient <ip> -flashirdb <bus number> <actionstring> <remotelist>
Load IRDB : ./irclient <ip> -loadirdb <bus number> <filename>

I have 3 files named jvc-hifi.rem samsung.rem and kiss.rem in my remotes directory.
With the GUI, it's possible to define a default action and/or individual action for some IR command. How is it done on command line (there is only one parameter)? If I call the "irclient <ip> -flashirdb ..." command multiple times, will it add new commands to the DB already present in device or will it overwrite existing DB with the new one?
What <ip> do I need to use, the ip from irserver or the ip of the device?
Do I need to put quotes around the actionstring? What's the format of <remotelist>?
What's the purpose of "irclient <ip> -loadirdb ..."? Can I use 0 as bus number? What kind of files can I load? .rem files? Then it's just the same if I copy it manually to the remotes directory?

Thanks,

Jean-François
jef2000

Re: How to flash integrated DB of eth device on Linux

Postby IRTrans » Tue 2. Dec 2008, 13:03

Hi,
regarding your questions:

- The IP Address is always that of the IRTrans server
- Bus number is used to address more than one IRTrans device. If you only have one simply use 0 as the bus number.
- All remotes need to be uploaded at once. Every upload will delete older uploads.
- The action string should be enclosed in double quotes ("...")
- Be careful when using special characters (e.g. \n) in the action string as the shell might "misuse" them
- The commandline client does not support more options
- -loadirdb will upload a configuration defined by a .irdb file created by the GUI Client

Here is a sample:

irclient localhost -flashirdb 0 "%r,%c" "jvc-hifi;samsung;kiss"

As the shell uses ";" as a special character the list of your remotes needs to be enclosed in double quotes (").

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: How to flash integrated DB of eth device on Linux

Postby jef2000 » Wed 3. Dec 2008, 21:59

It works perfectly.

Thanks,

Jean-François
jef2000

Return to LINUX