Send command with dual IR transmitters

All LINUX related questions (Installation & usage)

Moderator: marcus

Send command with dual IR transmitters

Postby ocgltd » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 03:56

I have an ethernet irtrans with the dual IR output option. I am trying to send a command at either port 1 or 2, but cannot. I used this command:

Code: Select all
/usr/local/irtrans/irclient64 localhost satellite poweroff

and I see the status LED on the irtrans blink RED. However, the IR transmitters do nothing...and the video device does not respond to any codes. This works fine with another IRTRANS device I have...so something is wrong with the device or my command.

Do I have to modify the above command to specify output 1 or 2? Ideas?

I found one posting that showed something like this but I thought I would look for some input first:
/usr/local/irtrans/irclient64 localhost Satellite poweroff 0 0 L1
/usr/local/irtrans/irclient64 localhost Satellite poweroff 0 0 L2
ocgltd

Re: Send command with dual IR transmitters

Postby eric » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 09:25

If you don't specify an output the IRTrans uses the default setting. This means (unless changed) that the IRTrans uses all LEDs.
The external LEDs can be (de)activated in the device settings, please check.

The status LED on the device blinking red means that the IRTrans is sending IR codes. Did you try the same command from the same database on the other IRTrans? There could be something wrong with the code...

Regarding the command syntax:

/usr/local/irtrans/irclient <host> <remote> <command> [sendmask] [bus ID] [LED]

Parameters in square brackets are optional but when specified must be specified in exactly this order.
sendmask is used for the IRTrans 2 wire bus - it is 0 for ethernet devices since they do not have the IRTrans bus.
bus ID selects the device if more than one IRTrans is connected to the IRServer.
LED selects the LEDs
Also refer to the manual, section 4.6 "ASCII / Batch Client"

regards,
Eric
eric
Administrator

Postby ocgltd » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:04

I tried the command with my older IRTrans and it works fine, just with the newer one it does not. (Without the 3 extra parameters)

It's transmitting a 56khz signal - does that make a difference?

Also, I read the manual but found conflicting information on the support forum. Online it says "L1" for led 1, while the manual suggests just "1" for led 1.
ocgltd

Postby eric » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:22

Did you check that external LEDs are active?

56kHz makes no difference.

The parameter is "i" for internal, "e" external and so on - just as the manual says. "L1" is needen when sending http requests but thats another story.

Eric
eric
Administrator

Postby ocgltd » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:31

Yes external LEDs are active (in the web config).

I also tried looking at the LED's (external and internal) during transmit and cannot see them flash at all. (I thought I might see something but at 56Khz perhaps that's not a good test).
ocgltd

Postby eric » Wed 5. Dec 2012, 14:54

Ok.

How were you looking at the LEDs? You will not see anything in the optical spectrum. Some digital cameras are sensitive to IR, there you might see something.
Did you try the external transmitters with your other device? And more importantly: What kind of external transmitters do you use? The IRTrans Ethernet with 2nd output has a stereo plug, so transmitters with mono plug will not work.

Eric
eric
Administrator

Return to LINUX