Can you dim the vf110?

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Can you dim the vf110?

Postby likwidsh0k » Wed 10. Sep 2008, 12:00

Checking out the Origen H5 case and would really like to be able to dim this display down to nothing. Had a look around including the FAQs, is this possible?

Thanks,
Andrew
likwidsh0k

Re: Can you dim the vf110?

Postby IRTrans » Wed 10. Sep 2008, 13:54

Dimming the display is possible (using the IRTrans GUI Client Setmode Dialog), however not to total darkness ...

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby likwidsh0k » Wed 10. Sep 2008, 14:26

Thanks for the quick reply.

Doh! Is total darkness something you might look at adding in a future firmware upgrade? I think it would be very popular. I am looking at a black case to match all my HT gear, TV and speakers and I can dim the displays to darkness on my amp & dvd player when watching a movie. I have been looking around alot and really like this case coz its finally a case that looks like a piece of HT gear. Would be awesome to be able to dim its display too?

Cheers,
Andrew
likwidsh0k

Postby IRTrans » Thu 11. Sep 2008, 00:13

That is no firmware thing ...

The VFD Display itself only allows dimming.

For any further wishes please contact OrigenAE as this is not our product.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby likwidsh0k » Thu 11. Sep 2008, 02:14

Ah ok wait a sec I wasn't sure if dim was the right word. I don't mean dim the brightness of the display I mean something in software to remove the display. I only used the term dim because my DVD player has 2 settings where it is half brightness or completely off. Can you turn off the display? I only ask coz a friend who has this case with the VF110 said he couldn't.

Thanks,
Andrew
likwidsh0k

Postby likwidsh0k » Mon 22. Sep 2008, 01:24

Hello? ... anybody? ...Bueller ...Bueller :)

I get the hardware bit so this is a software/firmware question - with IRTrans can you turn off the display.. have no display.. while it is running?

Anybody please?

This is so frustrating I cannot believe no-one anywhere can give me an answer on this. And some other displays cannot be turned off either which has me dumbfounded, seems so obvious you want a display in your HT you can switch off so there are no annoying lights while watching a movie just like you can with all the other HT equipment?

Thanks,
Andrew
likwidsh0k

Postby IRTrans » Mon 22. Sep 2008, 09:56

Hi,
please note that the display is build by OrigenAE and was designed to meet their specifications.
For any changes please contact them.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices