IRTrans and IR221

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans and IR221

Postby aslg » Thu 13. Nov 2008, 01:49

I have both VF210 and IR221 installed in my case. My intention is to use IR221 as IR receiver and VF210 as Vista Media Center VFD.
The problem is that although I can control Vista Media Center with my remote, the VFD always displays "Welcome to HTPC" (no show information, DVD chapter, etc.)
I positioned the switch on the VF210 to "Philips" and I installed the IRTrans USB drivers (the IRTrans device was found at the first boot) and the MCE Display Driver. I did not install the IRServer per Origenae instruction.
Is there anything else that I should do to see the Vista Media Center information on the VFD?

Thanks!
aslg

Re: IRTrans and IR221

Postby aslg » Thu 13. Nov 2008, 16:10

A more direct question is: Is the IRServer needed to display MCE info?
I do not need the IR Receiver (I have IR221), I need only the VFD to display MCE info.

Thanks!
aslg

Re: IRTrans and IR221

Postby IRTrans » Fri 14. Nov 2008, 15:29

The irserver handles ALL communication with the device. That means you will need to have it running
to have display information.

To stop IR you can simply remove the file apps.cfg from the remotes folder.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices