Power on/off and wakeup/sleep with Remote

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Power on/off and wakeup/sleep with Remote

Postby earithramir » Thu 11. Dec 2008, 09:35

I have a Zalman HD160 case wich come with preinstalled IRTrans Device (VFD + remote).
Both devices work just fine, but the power button on the remote does not work.

It sends a command called Power, and the IRTrans server recieves the command Media Center Power.
But when i look in the file remotes\apps.cfg there is no action for the Power Button.
What command do i need to put with the sleep button in apps.cfg

How can i use this button to:
  • Power on the computer
  • Put computer to sleep
  • Wake computer from sleep modus

The IRTrans server does quit when set the computer to sleep mode but does not start/restart when i wake it up.

Please advice, thanks in advance.

I use Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 OEM.

The hardware is properly connected to power and internal USB-connected and works fine, when turning of the computer the display remains on with date/time.
When i press the powerbutton on remote IRTrans recieves the following command: XTCPC Power, but this command is not set to do anything in apps.cfg, as well as the telext, red,green,yellow and blue buttons. (i used red green blue and yellow for aspect/zoom, subtitles, language in dvds)
Last edited by earithramir on Sun 18. Jan 2009, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
earithramir

Re: Power on/off and wakeup/sleep with Remote

Postby IRTrans » Thu 11. Dec 2008, 12:07

Please configure your system according to the instructions given by Zalman.

PowerOn is a standard feature that does not require any special tricks.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby ikarus79m » Sun 18. Jan 2009, 09:43

I have the exact same issue. Got the same case and my power button as well as 'aspect' button doesn't work. Have you figured this out yet? If so, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!
Philipp
ikarus79m

Postby earithramir » Sun 18. Jan 2009, 11:57

Hi,

The powerbutton doesnt seem te work but i found a sollution for that aspect thing. (i did not have a button for aspect so i used the yellow button on my remote as aspect.)

My Solution:
Edit file: [program files]\IR Trans\Remotes\apps.cfg :
find the remote (mine is named mediacenter) en search for the button u want to use (the name of the remote and button is easy to find: just press the button when aiming for the case and move your mouse over the IRTrans icon next to your time, it will say something like: "mediacenter yellow")
this is the code i used:
YELLOW [KEY]\CTRL\SHIFTz
CTRL+SHIFT+Z = change aspect in media center, this will link the button "YELLOW" to CTRL+SHIFT+Z.
if your change aspect button did not have a name yet but a bunch of numbers use the LEARN command and the right remote name to learn the comand and give it a name. *JUST CHANGE YELLOW in the code above to the button u want to use!
After you did this reload the IR database or restart the IR Trans service. *if u do not know how to, just simply restart computer*

You can make the power button work like a sleepbutton with the same way as i explained above, but i did not yet found a sollution to the power on with remote thing.

You can try this:
in CMOS-BIOS settings:
Power management:
poweron by USB devices -> ENABLED
poweron by USB keyboard -> ENABLED
maybe this will fix your issue on how to power on the device with remote, this is motherboard related and will not work with every hardware. (you do not need to press the powerbutton but it will power on by every button)

goodluck!!
earithramir

Postby ikarus79m » Sun 18. Jan 2009, 20:04

Thank you! I will give that a try. Meanwhile, I found a solution for the power button thing:

http://www.origenae.co.kr/board/bbs/boa ... q&wr_id=31

Try that. Worked for me!!!
ikarus79m

Postby earithramir » Mon 19. Jan 2009, 01:56

and... thank you!
Ill give it a try.

Still a little pissed over not getting a reply from zalman support over this issue.
earithramir

Return to OEM Devices