Can't uninstall/upgrade IRTrans in Vista...

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Can't uninstall/upgrade IRTrans in Vista...

Postby diggityDawg » Tue 13. May 2008, 21:40

I have an OrigenAE x11 case that uses IRTrans for the remote control. Lately I've been using some media center add-ons that aren't responding to the remote control porperly. So I thought I would upgrade IRTrans. Unfortunately, when I try to run the setup it tells me I have to first uninstall the current version. When I try to uninstall the current version it throws and error and asks me if I want to remove it from the Programs list. So I'm a bit stuck at this point. I can't uninstall the old version, and so I can't install the new version...

Any idea how to get out of this?

Thanks for the help!

Eddie
diggityDawg

Re: Can't uninstall/upgrade IRTrans in Vista...

Postby IRTrans » Tue 13. May 2008, 22:41

Hi,
looks like the database of the installed software has been damaged.

No idea how and why that happened - we have never seen that before.

You might have a look at the registry if there are IRTrans entries. However, if you do not know what you
are doing you should be careful before removing them. Sorry that we do not have more information but
the SW database is handled internally by Windows.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Re: Can't uninstall/upgrade IRTrans in Vista...

Postby diggityDawg » Wed 14. May 2008, 14:19

IRTrans wrote:looks like the database of the installed software has been damaged.

No idea how and why that happened - we have never seen that before.

Yeah, I've seen this happen to a couple other applications, could be a Vista thing. I'll contact OrigenAE support and see if they can me with this.

Thanks
diggityDawg

Return to OEM Devices