Origenae S16V case

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Origenae S16V case

Postby pete » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 15:01

I'm having problems with an Origenae S16V case setup

I noticed that after installing the motherboard and applying standby power the orange standby light flickers then goes out. On powering up the blue power light comes on and is steady, the system fans work and it boots to the bios logo screen but hangs 90% of the time, no error beeps from the bios. If I disconnect the front panel USB cable from the motherboard header
the orange standby light comes on and is steady. When it does boot and a USB drive is plugged into the front USB socket I get an error message 'USB hub exceeded power requirements'. The vender sent a replacement front panel PCB
I installed it and on switching on the power supply the orange standby light once again flickers then goes out. I switched the system on and it hangs at the Bios logo screen 90% of the time, no error beeps.
I have replaced all the system components with those of my other working system, deferent motherboard, graphic card, processor, ram, hard drive, operating system (windows xp)and power supply. The same problem it hangs 90% of the time at the Bios logo screen.
I disconnected all power to the VFD module and the S16V power switch and wired the motherboard power switch connection to my old case, it boots with no problem, no hanging at all. If I reconnect the s16v power switch only, not the VFD module it boots without hanging at all.
Is it a faulty VFD module or a firmware issue?
pete

Re: Origenae S16V case

Postby IRTrans » Fri 6. Mar 2009, 20:45

Please note that we cannot offer any support on hardware issues (and that surely is a hardware problem) here.

IRTrans does neither sell nor manufacture these devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Pixelz » Wed 18. Mar 2009, 15:46

I know from personal experience that the early S16V cases were built with a USB hub that did not deliver a stable power supply to the IRTrans module.

In my case the IRTrans device simply disappeared from Windows Hardware Manager after a random period of time. I fitted a replacement PCB with a modified USB hub (supplied by Origen to the retailer) and the problem went away.

It's possible that your symptoms have a different root cause, but it may be worth checking that your USB hub is the modded version.
Pixelz

Postby kmd1970 » Thu 16. Apr 2009, 05:22

pete wrote:I'm having problems with an Origenae S16V case setup

I noticed that after installing the motherboard and applying standby power the orange standby light flickers then goes out. On powering up the blue power light comes on and is steady, the system fans work and it boots to the bios logo screen but hangs 90% of the time, no error beeps from the bios. If I disconnect the front panel USB cable from the motherboard header
the orange standby light comes on and is steady. When it does boot and a USB drive is plugged into the front USB socket I get an error message 'USB hub exceeded power requirements'. The vender sent a replacement front panel PCB
I installed it and on switching on the power supply the orange standby light once again flickers then goes out. I switched the system on and it hangs at the Bios logo screen 90% of the time, no error beeps.
I have replaced all the system components with those of my other working system, deferent motherboard, graphic card, processor, ram, hard drive, operating system (windows xp)and power supply. The same problem it hangs 90% of the time at the Bios logo screen.
I disconnected all power to the VFD module and the S16V power switch and wired the motherboard power switch connection to my old case, it boots with no problem, no hanging at all. If I reconnect the s16v power switch only, not the VFD module it boots without hanging at all.
Is it a faulty VFD module or a firmware issue?

Hello I also have the s16V case and after a recent upgrade (2 days ago) my orange light started fading out just like you mentioned.

After 1 hour of debugging, I was able to get the orange light to come back on by disconnecting the 2 pin white molex from the psu when the computer was in standby. If I plug the molex back into the psu (still in stand by) the orange light will go off again. I believe the molex is a toggle to tell the switch circuit when the computer is on or off and show the appropriate light color.

My old psu was 650 watts with 18amp 12volt rails and my new psu is 1000 watts with 40 amp 12 volt rails. I believe the high wattage (or high amps) might be causing the power switch to malfunction or even break.

I will be contacting origenae about the issue, hopefully they will have some answers or a replacement part. I will also try my old psu.
kmd1970

Return to OEM Devices