PC start by itself

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

PC start by itself

Postby gberthelsen » Wed 11. Mar 2009, 15:57

Dear Zalman

The problem I have is that when “pressed” the standby button my Vista 32bit Media Center the PC goes to standby and after 1 minute and 48 second, the system immediately switched on again by itself. When I set in the PC in hibernation, it will stay in hibernation, until I started again.

The only software install on the PC, is Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, and the software to drive the IRTrans receiver from Zalman HD 160, the cases to the PC. The Power management settings in Vista are set NOT to start the computer by itself. Microsoft insists on, that the fail is hardware problem. The cable to the Internet is disconnected.

I already downloaded and installed the latest drivers, and BIOS ver. 1405, so that should also not be the problem.
In BIOS I have following settings:
• Power>Suspend Mode>S3 only
• ACPI APIC Support>Enabled
• APM Configuration>
• Power Manager> Enabled
• Power on AC Power lost>Last State
• Power on PNE>Disabled
• Power on LAN>Disabled
• Power on Ring>Disabled
• Power on PS/2 Keyboard Disabled
• Power on PS/2 Mouse>Disabled
• Power on Alarm>Disabled
Is there anything in the IRTrans software, which can start the PC by itself, or what is the problem?

Best regards Georg Berthelsen
gberthelsen

Re: PC start by itself

Postby Pixelz » Tue 7. Apr 2009, 13:33

It's possible that the reason for wakeup will be written to the Windows Event Log. If so, you may be able to identify the hardware responsible.

Hope this helps.
Pixelz

Return to OEM Devices