iRTrans & Vista-64bit ->ftd2xx.dll error

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

iRTrans & Vista-64bit ->ftd2xx.dll error

Postby symmtrix » Sun 25. May 2008, 14:45

I own a OrigenAE S21T MediaPC with integrated iRTrans module. I downloaded the IR Trans software from the S21T download folder (Version 08.01.02) of the OrigenAE Homepage. I run Vista 64-bit and the remote control does work well within Vista without installing IR Trans except the power on/off button.

When installing IR Trans, I always get the error message: cannot load ftd2xx.dll
IR Trans then exits and it is not possible to start IR Trans without getting the error message (after which IT Trans aborts). I deinstalled the software and tried it with the actual release of the iRTrans Homepage (Version 5.10.09) with the same negative result :-(

I have read in some forums, that it is necessary to install the correct USB driver, but I don't know how. Vista recognized and installed automatically a "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" and it is not possible to update this driver to another (like IR Trans etc.).

I tried manually to force Vista to change the driver in device manager to IRTrans USB. I need to select a driver manually from disk and I simply selected the IRTrans drivers folder (where IRTrans has been installed). It recognized the IRTrans USB Device but says clearly that it is not recommended to use this device as it is not signed!!! Hmmm??? OK, forget all the security settings and take this driver. It took more than 5min. to installl and came finally back with an error message (problem during install, timeout etc.). But the IRTrans USB device is now listed in device manager and it says that the device is working properly. However, after rebooting, Vista does not start anymore and I have to select "last known good configuration).

It looks like the 64-bit Installation of the USB Driver is a mess... It does not work during standard installation of IR Trans and not manually by updating in device manager. And if I check on Goolge (ftd2xx.dll and IRTrans), I get tons of forum entries of people with the same problem. Any idea when you will have a proper working driver with a usable install routine?

I really would like to use the power on/off feature as it enables me to start MediaCenter from a complete OFF status.

Thanks for your help.
symmtrix

Re: iRTrans & Vista-64bit ->ftd2xx.dll error

Postby IRTrans » Sun 25. May 2008, 22:00

Obviously you are not using the correct USB driver.

Please download the software from the IRTrans homepage (downloads section).

It contains a signed USB driver for the IRTrans device.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby symmtrix » Mon 26. May 2008, 15:55

Can you please tell me where I need to download this driver?

I downloaded the software from:
http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/windows.php

All you can find is a "setup.exe" which I downloaded and installed. As decribed in my case, I forced Vista to use the driver which is then available in the "C:\Program Files\irTrans\drivers" directory. With the result that Vista tells me that this is not a signed driver and it is not recommended to use it. And if I use it, Vista does not boot anymore... -->"last known good configuration" is the only chance to get the system back.

So, where do I find this USB-Driver?
symmtrix

Postby IRTrans » Mon 26. May 2008, 19:26

The solution is very simple: Your case does not have the IRTrans HW installed.
The eHome IR Receiver is the device compatible with the Microsoft IR Receiver.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices