Integration with VFDs and control of non-MCE applications

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Integration with VFDs and control of non-MCE applications

Postby mfinney » Mon 13. Apr 2009, 23:46

Hi,

I recently purchased a HTPC case which came with one of your IR modules which works very well when it comes to controlling media centre. However, itegration with the VFD display which also came with my case appears limited. Are there any plans to improve VFD integration?

Also, are there any plans to allow control of other media players like MediaMonkey et al directly within apps.cfg? I'm aware that the IR2Keyboard utility covers this gap, however I'd like to make better use of my VFD and would like to be able to control my media player through this without switching on my TV screen, hence the initial query about better VFD integration?

Regards
mfinney

Re: Integration with VFDs and control of non-MCE applications

Postby IRTrans » Tue 14. Apr 2009, 10:52

Hi,
please note that the display devices are OEM devices not made or sold by IRTrans.

Currently there are no plans from our side to extend or change the VFD support as this would need to be done by the vendor of the devices (OrigenAE).

Please contact OrigenAE with all questions regarding extended driver support for these OEM Devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices