VF210 USB Serial device driver (strange usb issue)

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

VF210 USB Serial device driver (strange usb issue)

Postby klasla » Tue 26. May 2009, 19:53

I have the following error, don't know if its IRtrans or Origen's issue. First I had the same issue as many others here that the server didn't start, first it only found the Irtrans USB now it wants a driver for USB Serial port on Itrans USB? Is there a driver for this? Or what does that mean? The device shows up in device manager as Other devices -> USB Serial port.

In properties it says Device Type - Unknown , manufacturer - unknown, location - on IRTrans USB
How do I fix this?
klasla

Re: VF210 USB Serial device driver (strange usb issue)

Postby klasla » Tue 26. May 2009, 20:04

The usb serial device started to show up after i put VCP on in the irtrans usb device options in the hope that it would help with the first issue, which is that even if it finds the irtrans usb device the server itself doesn't start, it just states cannot find irtrans device. Help.
klasla

Re: VF210 USB Serial device driver (strange usb issue)

Postby IRTrans » Wed 27. May 2009, 09:33

Well, switching on options that you do not know is never a good idea :(
No idea how you can get rid of it now ...

We had this question here VERY often. If the server does not start but the USB device is listed there are two reasons:

1. +5V standby voltage not connected or not working
2. Hardware defect of the VFD board

Please note that IRTrans does neither manufacture nor sell these boards. That means we cannot answer any hardware questions or replace defective devices.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices