error with irserver

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

error with irserver

Postby steph98 » Sat 31. May 2008, 14:24

Hello,

I have fedora installed and I'm trying to use irserver. Unfortunately the message "Error opening COM/USB Port / LAN Device" appear after a few seconds :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[root@localhost ]# /usr/local/share/irserver -loglevel 4 -logfile /var/log/irserver.log -no_lirc /dev/ttyUSB0
IRTRans Send status: 0 - 0
IRTRans Send Done: 4
Error opening COM/USB Port / LAN Device
[root@localhost ]#
if i press on some touch of the remote control i can see the "IRTRans Send status" changed :
IRTRans Send status: 1 - 78
IRTRans Send status: 1 - 126
IRTRans Send status: 1 - 76
IRTRans Send status: 1 - 126
IRTRans Send Done: 4
Error opening COM/USB Port / LAN Device
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand why I have this error because everything seem to work fine.

Thanks for your help

Stephane
steph98

Re: error with irserver

Postby IRTrans » Sat 31. May 2008, 18:32

Hi,
no idea what the problem is - might be an hardware issue.

We have lot's of people using the IRTrans system with LINUX installations and of course we test that here, too.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bjnkrm » Thu 4. Sep 2008, 19:51

I seam to have the exact same problem. Does anybody have an idea how to proceed/what to try to get it working? As Stephane I also get changed status values when pressing keys on the remote so it looks like it works, but the IRServer stops after a few seconds with: "Error opening COM/USB Port / LAN Device" for me as well.

/Björn
bjnkrm

Postby IRTrans » Thu 4. Sep 2008, 20:41

Hi,
as the software is used on LINUX by thousands of customers and it is a very basic thing you are doing I am almost sure that it is a hardware problem.

On startup the irserver queries status and versions of connected IRTrans devices. If the version information is not returned the irserver gives the error described above. It looks like there is a communication error - also because the mentioned values (78,76,126) can never be part of an IR Code as the codes only consist of "S" and the numbers "0" to "8".

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Shrike » Sat 22. Nov 2008, 07:50

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
as the software is used on LINUX by thousands of customers and it is a very basic thing you are doing I am almost sure that it is a hardware problem.

On startup the irserver queries status and versions of connected IRTrans devices. If the version information is not returned the irserver gives the error described above. It looks like there is a communication error - also because the mentioned values (78,76,126) can never be part of an IR Code as the codes only consist of "S" and the numbers "0" to "8".

IRTrans

Hello and thanks for the information. I just wanted to bump this up since I'm seeing the exact same behavior with my Zalman HD135 remote on Ubuntu 7.10. Has anyone found the solution for this issue yet?
Shrike

Return to OEM Devices