HDMI CEC

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

HDMI CEC

Postby JePe » Sun 15. Jun 2008, 06:32

Could it be that IRServer responds to HDMI CEC information?
When I connect my HTPC to an LCD TV using a VGA cable (so analog), IRServer and USB client start normal and the USB client icon isn't flickering, indicating that it doesn't receive any commands. When I connect my HTPC to an LCD TV using a HDMI cable, the behaviour changes dramatically. The IRServer starts but puts the VFD display into a reboot cycle. The IRServer tries to hook up to the IRServer after the 20 seconds delay but fails to do so (gives me a dialog showing the version of the client with an OK button). Rebooting the complete PC doesn't solve the issue, even so, the display keeps rebooting through the complete boot cycle. Sometimes the IR client can connect without an error dialog and I can see the icon flickering continously, receiving IR commands (also visible in 'detected IR commands dialog'). Changing back to the VGA cable solves all these problems.

System is a 32bit Windows XP SP3 installation with a bare minimum of drivers and no additional PCI cards. Cabinet is a OrigenAe H6 featuring a VF110.
LCD TV is a Samsung LE26R81B connected to HDMI2 (60Hz, HDMI1 is 50Hz but shows the same issue)

IRServer 5.10.09 (from the IRTrans website)
Firmware 5.08.10 (from the OrigenAE website)
USB driver 2.02.04 (from the IRTrans website)
JePe

Re: HDMI CEC

Postby IRTrans » Sun 15. Jun 2008, 11:48

Hi,
the server will not respond to HDMI data.

The effect is caused by IR Noise emitted by your LCD TV. Depending on the resolution, mode and frequency the effect varies.

This is a hardware problem caused by an IR Receiver that is very sensitive for IR noise.

Please note that the OrigenAE IR Receiver is not manufactured by IRTrans. Therefore we have no idea which IR receivers they use.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bart » Thu 27. Nov 2008, 21:03

Is the IR reciever from Zalmann (HD160) manufactured by IRtrans, im experiencing similar issues after connecting my new HDTV

Kind regards,
Bart
bart

Postby IRTrans » Fri 28. Nov 2008, 13:26

Hi,
none of the OEM Devices build into cases is manufactured by IRTrans.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bart » Sat 29. Nov 2008, 15:57

Well zalman support says that I must reinstall windows :shock:

So I looked a bit further into the IR reciever, and hope IRtrans can give me a few directions insolving this issues myself.
The IR reciever used is an TSOP-1338 from vishay. I was thinking of replacing the current IR reciever with a newer one and that has a better noise suppresion.

Can it be just as simple to replace the reciever with a better one? Or does that potentially break the eletronics in the circuit? And if the circuits keep working will IRtrans software still function depite another reciever?
bart

Postby IRTrans » Sat 29. Nov 2008, 17:13

Sorry, but as we do not manufacture these devices we cannot give you any instructions or tips on modifying the hardware.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to OEM Devices