IRTrans device has stopped working

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans device has stopped working

Postby drbrady » Fri 27. Nov 2009, 10:04

I installed a conversion board for an existing parallel port driven Samsung VFD in to my Alhanix MCE302 case (the kit is from http://www.dvinehtpc.com). At first, everything workied fine - Windows 7 recognised the device when I plugged it in and it displayed the media centre messages nicely (i disabled the IR transmit and recieve functions as the mce keyboard profile didn't include the keyboard joystick funcyionality - without a mouse, the pc was hopeless!).

However, a few days later, the PC rebooted after a windows update and I recieved an error message to say thet the IRTrans server could not locate a USB device and had aborted. I tried restoring to a point before the windows update, but got the same result. The device has disappeared from the usb root in "Device manager" and uninstalling / reinstalling the IRTrans software and drivers (latest versions) makes no difference. The board is still recieving power as the VFD is still showing the initial welcome screen.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers
drbrady

Return to OEM Devices