No IRTrans Devices found.

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

No IRTrans Devices found.

Postby sneaky_joe » Thu 31. Jul 2008, 11:59

i installed a fresh copy of windows vista premium today onto home brew pc in an origenae S16T case with an IR211 IR Module.

vista ultimate went straight out to download all the updates from microsoft then updated itself.

i then installed the windows media center tv pack 2008 rc0.

i then installed the latest version of IRtrans from the irtrans website.

i did not "unplug" the IR211 from the USB header before the installation and then plug it back in after the installation.

i get exactly the same symtoms as this guy (except an updated version number in the error):
http://www.htpcnews.com/forums/index.ph ... ntry172517

if i unplug the IR211 and then run the irtrans usb application i get a different error. i cant remember exactly what error it is, but it is different and says something about not being able to find an IRTrans module on a USB hub.

if i go into device menager i can see IRTrans installed fine. the driver version dates 2007.

if i try to update the driver it says my driver is already up to date.

i cant force a particular driver becasue i only have an setup.exe file. i dont have the standalone drivers.

if i uninstall IRTrans from within device manager, then uninstall IRTrans software via Programs and Features and then reinstall IRTrans software and then re-enable IRTrans from within device manager, it reinstalls the drivers for the IRTrans unit but does not change the date of the driver (2007).

can someone please tell me why i am having so much trouble with this IRTrans unit?? is it faulty?

thanks
sneaky_joe
sneaky_joe

Re: No IRTrans Devices found.

Postby IRTrans » Thu 31. Jul 2008, 18:43

Hi,
either the Device is faulty or the +5V Standby is not connected.

Please note that we cannot help you with the OEM Devices not manufactured or sold by IRTrans.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Pixelz » Mon 4. Aug 2008, 10:46

I believe Origen shipped some S-series cases with faulty internal USB hubs that did not supply enough power to internal USB devices -- including the IRTrans, which intermitently just disappeared from Windows Device Manager. I had this problem with an S16V and it was only fixed by fitting an Origen replacement media bay/usb hub controller board into the case.

The S16T also had problems with IR221. Much more detail on this thread --
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communi ... ast-3.html

Hope this helps.
Pixelz

Postby orfeous » Wed 18. Feb 2009, 16:06

No device found for me either!
Using Zalman HD160 with VFD (VF110) (IrTrans Software)

The power adapter cable is connected and the two wires are connected to the VFD card..
but display dont powerup. I have measured that cable has power with a voltmeter.

Any suggestions if the display can be tried outside the case with external power?
or anything else....
orfeous

Return to OEM Devices