Once again: Emulating prolonged button presses

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

Re: Once again: Emulating prolonged button presses

Postby Uli Zappe » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 18:28

Hi all,

using the Shared Library, I found that due to a bug in iRed, iRed did not flash the learned repeat codes to my IRTrans device; therefore, addressing the device directly to send repeat codes could not work.

Unfortunately, Asndr does not issue an error message in this situation, but silently falls back to sending the regular code. Therefore, I could not locate the error while using the TCP/IP-ASCII interface. Once I used the Shared Library, it was easy to discover.

I will now write my utility for emulating long button presses and come back to this forum once I'll have it.

Uli
Uli Zappe

Postby IRTrans » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 19:51

The behaviour of Asndr is by design. That way Asndr can be used for any command. Otherwise a program would need to know if there is a repeat code or not.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Uli Zappe » Wed 27. Feb 2013, 20:51

IRTrans wrote:The behaviour of Asndr is by design.

Yep, I supposed as much, but this design decision makes it very hard to debug cases like mine. An option to switch off this behavior or a third Asndx command which strictly requires repeat codes would help.

Of course, an API to read out the database of an IRTrans device would also be very helpful in cases like this.

Uli
Uli Zappe

Postby Uli Zappe » Thu 28. Feb 2013, 02:40

Uli Zappe wrote:Of course, an API to read out the database of an IRTrans device would also be very helpful in cases like this.

I just realized that the ASCII client is at least capable of listing the available command names:

irclient IP-Address -commandlist RemoteName

So if you are already aware of the (nowhere documented) fact that repeat commands are actually stored as separate commands with the naming convention CommandName@, this will allow you to check if the repeat commands are correctly flashed or not.

Uli
Uli Zappe

Previous

Return to APIs