Connecting IRTrans to MCF Coldfire

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

Connecting IRTrans to MCF Coldfire

Postby kec0 » Sun 25. Apr 2010, 19:35

Hello,
First of all i'm not really sure if this post goes in this forum. If not, i'll appreciate if moderators move it to the correct one.

I'm trying to use IRTrans with microprocessor Coldfire 5272 using RS232 comunication, but i'm somehow lost. I don't really know how IRTrans works, i would like to connect it to Coldfire and receive IR Commands using RS232, and comparing them by software in Coldfire. This comparation will be based in IR Commands saved in memory of Coldfire. These commands had been previously taken from a .rem (file generated while learning codes). This way i'll know if it's the command i'm waiting for.

The question is how i make the IRtrans works like this, getting a IR Command sent from a TV remote or PSP (for example) and sending it by RS232 for its computation, or it's this way the way IRTrans works?

Thanks you for all, and any help or documentation will be welcomed :).

kec0.
kec0

Re: Connecting IRTrans to MCF Coldfire

Postby IRTrans » Mon 26. Apr 2010, 00:42

Hi,
if you only want to receive RS232 codes that will not be very complicated.

For each received IR Code the IRTrans device will return the code defintion without timing. That is the command string you can find for each command in the .rem file.
This string is preceded by a status byte. This byte will not be needed to compare the code. That means you can ignore the first byte and compare the rest of the string.

Please note that it will NOT be possible to send those commands againg as the timing information is not included. If you also want to send IR codes I would recommend
the IRTrans Mediacontroller. It can store the IR codes internally.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to APIs