Windows 7 Beta

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Windows 7 Beta

Postby Pixelz » Mon 19. Jan 2009, 10:06

Is anyone successfully using an OEM IRTrans device with the Windows 7 public beta? Not just the remote control, but the VFD display as well.

I'd like to try it, but I need to know that my remote and VFD display will still work if I upgrade from Vista to Win7.
Pixelz

Re: Windows 7 Beta

Postby rikkie_pc » Wed 4. Feb 2009, 17:40

I tried this with the VF110 in my OrigenAE H6 case with no succes. I contacted the tech support@origenAE and this is the reply:

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, we don’t have any plan to release the drive update for
Window 7 about the VF110.

Best regards,

Support team.
Origenae
rikkie_pc

Postby rikkie_pc » Sat 7. Feb 2009, 23:08

I'm very sorry for the previous post, something must have gone wrong in my previous installation. Now the VF110 in the H6 case works like a charm in Win7 Beta. The only thing I don't understand is that the "tech" support from OrigenAE doesn't seem to be aware of this....
rikkie_pc

Postby IRTrans » Sun 8. Feb 2009, 00:02

Thank you for the info.

We will not make any dirvers, tests or installations until a release candidat is available.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby Pixelz » Tue 5. May 2009, 13:44

IRTrans wrote:Thank you for the info.

We will not make any dirvers, tests or installations until a release candidat is available.

IRTrans

The public Release Candidate now is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... nload.aspx
Pixelz

Postby damagi » Thu 4. Jun 2009, 22:02

I have a Zalman HD160 case and was able to use the software and drivers here: http://www.irtrans.de/de/download/windows.php

Works fine, though there are some issues:
1) if you run 8gb of ram, then you will see bluescreens on boot. I had to drop down to 4gb, then use the latest drivers from FTDI instead of the standard irtrans usb drivers. That seems to have fixed the issue.
2) on Win 7 RC your skip forward and back buttons will not function by default. Remapping them to ctrlf and ctrlb seems to do the trick
3) inputting show names is screwed up. If I want to search for something, when I hit "2" repeatedly I will get "2abc"
damagi

Postby Pixelz » Fri 5. Jun 2009, 12:31

@damagi

Does this mean your FTDI drivers support the 'triple-tap' input mode (but with numbers before letters)?
My OEM (Origen) IRTrans has only ever been able to enter 222 when I wanted to enter 'C'
Pixelz

Postby 0815 » Sun 14. Jun 2009, 22:45

i have the origen ae s16v and installed the windows 7 rc.
the irtrans driver was automatic installed and the ir received ir codes from the remote but the mediacenter do nothing.
who can i get my remote to work on windows 7?

Postby Pixelz » Wed 24. Jun 2009, 13:28

0815 wrote:i have the origen ae s16v and installed the windows 7 rc.
the irtrans driver was automatic installed and the ir received ir codes from the remote but the mediacenter do nothing.

I think you need to raise a support call with OrigenAE as this is an oem device.
Try this link http://www.origenae.co.kr/en/getsupport ... getsupport
Pixelz

Postby diggityDawg » Sat 27. Jun 2009, 14:58

damagi wrote:2) on Win 7 RC your skip forward and back buttons will not function by default. Remapping them to ctrlf and ctrlb seems to do the trick

I've got an OrigenAE X11 case and have this same issue, no skip forward or back functionality. Excuse my ignorance, but how do you remap these keys to ctrlf and ctrlb? I've gone through the installed utilities for IRTrans and can't figure out which one is used to remap, and what the process is to do it... Are there instructions on the website?

Thanks for your help! My wife is pretty frustrated at this point... :o
diggityDawg

Next

Return to OEM Devices