Can't set switches from irclient

The meeting point for people using one of the IRTrans OEM Display devices

IMPORTANT: Please note that these devices are neither manufactured nor sold by IRTrans. That means we cannot answer any hardware related questions here. Furthermore there is no direct Email support through IRTrans available for these devices.

Moderator: marcus

Can't set switches from irclient

Postby joek » Sat 9. Jun 2012, 19:06

I have a Zalman HD160 and I'm running linux (Lubuntu 12.04) x64 with v6.08.37 of the irtrans software.

I used the GUI client from my windows machine to update the status switches, and now the irserver seems to no longer work. It appears to have cleared the "Self repeat" flag and I think that's the culprit. But I'm unable to reset that switch. The GUIClient doesn't have the option to toggle that switch, and when I use the irclient from linux, set the switch, and then issue a "Save and Exit (99)", the irserver just dies.

Is there anyway to reset this? Can I use switches.cfg? I can't find any documentation on that file. Is there a way to reset the device to factory defaults entirely?

This is the output from irserver when I try to save the new settings from irclient on the same machine:

Code: Select all
Set Device Status for Bus ID 0 / ADR 0
  Mode:               d7
  Extended Mode:      20
  Extended Mode2:     4

Then it just dies to the command prompt.
joek

Re: Can't set switches from irclient

Postby IRTrans » Sun 10. Jun 2012, 11:19

Hi,
please do not use the irclient to configure settings for the device.

Only use irremote.exe. The GUIClient.exe is not supported for those OEM devices.

The Self repeat flag is NOT needed for that device.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joek » Sun 10. Jun 2012, 21:41

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try that.

I was actually able to get it to work by adding the -xap and -medialon flags. I'm not sure which it was that made it work as I haven't tested further.
joek

Postby IRTrans » Sun 10. Jun 2012, 21:50

Both flags do not have any influence on the basic functionallity.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby joek » Mon 11. Jun 2012, 10:53

Very strange. Now if I remove those switches it works fine. I really have no idea why this suddenly started working at the same time that I added those. I must have done something else and not realized. I'm completely baffled.

In any event -- thanks so much for the quick responses!
joek

Return to OEM Devices