Internal server error on IRTrans Ethernet with IR Database

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Internal server error on IRTrans Ethernet with IR Database

Postby olangela » Sun 28. Sep 2008, 10:09

Hello,

I have been using my IRTrans Ethernet with IR Database for about a month now, and it has been working great.

Then suddenly, last night when I tried to send some IR codes it took unusually long to process, and the displayed the following message: "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later."

The device seems to be online as I can access it through its webinterface.
I have tried to restart the device both through the webinterface, and by cutting power.
But it still does not work.

Does anybody have a clue on whats going on? My best guess is that the internal IR database somehow has gotten corrupted..

Thanks in advance for all help
olangela

Re: Internal server error on IRTrans Ethernet with IR Database

Postby IRTrans » Sun 28. Sep 2008, 15:57

Hi,
that is rather unusual.

Can you access the HTML configuration page ?
Can you use the device via the IRServer ?
What does the status LED show ?

My guess is that you have a problem with the power supply. Sending of codes needs quite a lot of power and that might crash the IRTrans.
Please check that you are using the correct adaptor for the power supply (5,0/2,1mm). Using the wrong adaptor can cause exactly that behaviour.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby olangela » Sun 28. Sep 2008, 17:58

Hello,

Thanks for fast reply.

I can access the HTML pages.

I think the adapter is configured correctly, as everything worked yesterday. But to be sure; I am using a plug with 5.0 mm outside and 2.1 mm inside. The voltage setting is configured according to the manual, and as I have hw version 1.2 of your product, I am using it with 7.5 V setting.

In my original post I said I cut the power, and I did. But I did it by unplugging the power from the device, and not by unplugging the adapter from the wall socket itself. Thats because I suspected the problem was related to my IRTrans device, and not the adapter supplying the device with power.

After reading your post I though it would be a good idea to also disconnect the adapter from the wallsocket. After I plugged the adapter into the wallsocket again, and connected it to the device, everything works again.

Would it be reasonable to assume that my problem was caused by the adapter then? Maybe it experienced a spike or dip and became unstable?

But as I said, its working again. And I now know how to deal with this problem in the future; disconnect and connect the adapter from the wall socket.

This case may be considered as solved.

Thank you!
olangela

Postby IRTrans » Sun 28. Sep 2008, 19:45

Hi,
adaptor and voltage settings are fine.

I would also suspect a problem with the power supply itself - it looks like it switched itself of ...

Thanks for the info.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Ethernet