Accessed the IRT-POE-DB through the html page.

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Accessed the IRT-POE-DB through the html page.

Postby tava » Mon 12. May 2008, 15:42

I don't succeed in accessing the inside page html of the device.
I think to have to write the following address: 192.168.0.32:21000 ok? but doesn't work!
How to do to insert or to modify the page inside html?
Can you help me?
tava

Re: Accessed the IRT-POE-DB through the html page.

Postby IRTrans » Mon 12. May 2008, 19:25

Hi,
I suppose you want to access the internal configuration pages ?

To do that simply use the IP Address of the device in your browser (without :21000).

If you want to do something else please let us know what exactly you are trying to do.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby tava » Tue 13. May 2008, 05:16

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
I suppose you want to access the internal configuration pages ?

To do that simply use the IP Address of the device in your browser (without :21000).

If you want to do something else please let us know what exactly you are trying to do.

IRTrans

Me to succeed to access the page of configuration and I have planned all the parameters.
My purpose is that to send some comanis ir through internet from out house.
How me I can connect me to the device through internet?
For example to connect my DVR through internet I owe diditare my address ip (80.116.XX.XX:2000), where 2000 are the port devoted to the DVR.

What does it serve this mask? Image

Thanks. me to attend your answer.
tava

Postby IRTrans » Tue 13. May 2008, 10:31

Hi,
to send IR via HTML you will first have to upload your remote controls using the "IR Database" Dialog as described in the manual.

Then you can send them using an http link (also shown in the manual). You can then setup HTML Pages using this link.
These HTML Pages can be stored on your PC, any webserver or on the IRTrans device itself.

When storing them on the IRTrans device a few rules should be noted:
- There is 128KBytes of HTML Memory available. That means the pages should be carefully designed using only very small
Images (e.g. 1 Px wide). Most High-Level HTML Editors also waste a lot of space. If you design them correctly you can easily
place 20-30 pages into the internal memory.
- The HTML Pages will use the same link-syntax to send IR Codes as described in the manual
- HTML Pages and images have to be placed into the html folder below the IRTrans installation folder. Then they will be visible
in the dialog you have shown in your posted and can be uploaded.
- Once they are uploaded they are in the folder /html on the IRTrans: 192.168.0.32/html/mypage.htm will acces the page mypage.htm

Please let us know if it works.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby tava » Mon 19. May 2008, 06:12

to send IR via HTML you will first have to upload your remote controls using the "IR Database" Dialog as described in the manual.

Then you can send them using an http link (also shown in the manual). You can then setup HTML Pages using this link.
These HTML Pages can be stored on your PC, any webserver or on the IRTrans device itself.

When storing them on the IRTrans device a few rules should be noted:
- There is 128KBytes of HTML Memory available. That means the pages should be carefully designed using only very small
Images (e.g. 1 Px wide). Most High-Level HTML Editors also waste a lot of space. If you design them correctly you can easily
place 20-30 pages into the internal memory.
- The HTML Pages will use the same link-syntax to send IR Codes as described in the manual
- HTML Pages and images have to be placed into the html folder below the IRTrans installation folder. Then they will be visible
in the dialog you have shown in your posted and can be uploaded.
- Once they are uploaded they are in the folder /html on the IRTrans: 192.168.0.32/html/mypage.htm will acces the page mypage.htm

Please let us know if it works.

IRTrans

Ok is it works.
To access the htmp page from my net me digito:192.168.0.32/html/page1.htm.

To access the html page from a connected remote computer in internet which I address I have to digitize?
Which port I have to shape on my router toward ip 192.168.0.32?
Ex.
http://xxxxxxxxx.dyndns.org:port/html/page1.htm

Thanks
tava

Postby IRTrans » Mon 19. May 2008, 11:56

Hi,
the HTML Page of the IRTrans is always shown via Port 80. That means normally you will have to use port 80 (standard HTTP).

Your router might allow port mapping - then you can map a different external port to the port 80 of the IRTrans web server.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby tava » Fri 6. Jun 2008, 15:27

Your router might allow port mapping - then you can map a different external port to the port 80 of the IRTrans web server.

IRTrans

How to do to change the external port of the IRTrans from 80 to for example 88?
My port 80 are to use from the router.
tava

Postby IRTrans » Sat 7. Jun 2008, 01:53

Hi,
the HTML Port of the IRTrans device is fixed - it cannot be changed.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Ethernet