Unable to select individual LEDs when using UDP

Ethernet specific questions and answers - IRTrans LAN, LAN Controller devices

Moderator: marcus

Unable to select individual LEDs when using UDP

Postby sambuddy » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 00:47

Hello IRTrans,
I am using a scripting language to talk to an IRTrans XL using UDP. In my script I am able to send the following command and it successfully gets sent to ALL external outputs
UDPSend($socket,"snd foxtel,power,le,b1")
BUT is i try to address a single led using the following command, the command fails
UDPSend($socket,"snd foxtel,power,l8,b1")

I have just upgraded to the latest version of IRServer, but i still experience the problem
I have attached two log files (in the zip file), one for the command that works and one for the command that fails
I hope you can help
Thankyou
Attachments
log.zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 2276 times
sambuddy

Re: Unable to select individual LEDs when using UDP

Postby IRTrans » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 01:02

Hi,
currently addressing individual LEDs is not supported through the irserver - however you can do that directly:

Simply upload your .rem files to the XL and send the UDP ASCII String directly to the XLs IP Address.

Please let us know if that helps you.

If not, please contact us via Email, we will then see how we can add that to the irserver.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby sambuddy » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 02:22

Hello IRTrans,
This does work... but if I send the command too fast, some of them get missed. This becomes a problem because the commands are being sent from several different scripts at the same time, hence, i am unable to guarentee that the commands will have a delay between them when they are sent. It would be really good if this could be implemented in the IRServer.
Thanks
sambuddy

Postby IRTrans » Mon 9. Feb 2009, 11:57

Hi,
to avoid that codes get lost you need to wait for the confirmation from the IRTrans.

You can define a UDP port for the "answer" in the UDP string. The return strings are defined in the IR DB Upload dialog (GUI Client).

Nevertheless we will add that to the irserver, too.

Please send us an Email so that we can send you the modified version.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Ethernet