Multiple IRTrans Ethernet and .NET

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

Multiple IRTrans Ethernet and .NET

Postby riteshjain1982 » Mon 8. Oct 2012, 06:12

Hi,
I am new to this forum as well as too the IRTrans world. I have query regarding sending Remote command to specific IRTrans Ethernet module connected in LAN environment.
My scenario is like this,i have 2 IRTrans (lets say A 192.168.0.32 and B 192.168.0.33) Ethernet module connected to Ethernet switch and one PC which host the IRTrans server service.I want to send remote command X to individual IRTrans Ethernet module using .NET code (i am using IRTrans.NET.dll), so far when i am calling IRSend command to send the command but it is firing command to both the IRTrans Ethernet; how can i send the command X to A as well as B independently? I have seen the overloaded method of IRSend accepting unsign addressmask integer parameter but i am not sure if i can use this to achieve what i want? if yes than what value should i pass for this parameter for A as well as for B.

Any help on this will highly appreciated.

Thanks
riteshjain1982

Re: Multiple IRTrans Ethernet and .NET

Postby IRTrans » Mon 8. Oct 2012, 12:19

Hi,
to address the devices you need to use the "bus" parameter in the .NET DLL.

Bus 0 = first device
Bus 1 = 2nd
and so on.

Bus 255 = All devices

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby riteshjain1982 » Tue 9. Oct 2012, 05:11

thank you for your quick reply, that mean (Just to confirm) my function should look like this

Dim objIRTrans As IRTransServer
objIRTrans = New IRTransServer(pi_strHostIPAddress)
objIRTrans.IRSend(strDeviceName, strSignalData, 0, 0, 1)
objIRTrans.IRSend(strDeviceName, strSignalData, 0, 0, 2)

Also can you please explain how will i configure my IRTrans ethernet module to make sure the Device A is on Bus 1 and Device B is on Bus 2
riteshjain1982

Postby IRTrans » Tue 9. Oct 2012, 13:26

The calls look good.

To control the order of the IRTrans devices simply use the IP Addresses as parameters when starting the irserver. When using the current SW that can be done using the Startup parameter dialog of the IR icon.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to APIs